All The Kids

baby baby baby baby BabyGaga

Wednesday, November 07, 2012

October 31

 Jared with his pumpkin.

Ayda with her pumpkin. 

Awww, my beautiful two oldest kids. 

 But I didn't know my kids were Ninjas!

Ayda, girl Ninja, based loosely on O-Ren Ishii (Lucy Liu's character in Kill Bill).
Don't worry, Ayda has no idea who O-Ren actually is. I just showed her a picture of the character so she would agree to use the adorable kimono as her costume.

"Snake Eyes" - G.I. Joe Ninja 

Who knew Snake Eyes had such beautiful eyes! 

And check out this Ninja's lashes!! 





The two Ninjas with their pet kitty. 



 The kitty and bunny with Grandpa.

Considering I am NOT talented at this sort of thing, 
I was pretty proud of my pumpkin carving this year.


I wish Halloween would just go away, but each year it pops up again. And I don't know totally how I feel about it. I've heard both "sides" of it, debated both "sides" in my own head, etc and have no clear answer as to how I feel about it. So for now, we are "doing" Halloween, because right now it's pretty much all about dressing up and getting candy. And I have no problem with those two things in and of themselves. Besides, I happen to enjoy candy, too.... :)

2 comments:

Nevada said...

It was our first halloween, and this is what I was struck by: how awesome it was to get out into the community. We walked around the neighborhood and actually talked to people. "Trick or treat! Happy halloween! Oh, you're a ninja, etc..." It was just friendly chit chat, but we haven't met a single neighbor since we've moved here, and only gone to three other homes, so for me it was neat to see the community open up to eachother, even for a night.

And we love candy :)

Jamie said...

Yeah, I would miss the candy! Although this year our kids got mostly little bags of chips which is quite disappointing to me!

We've made it very clear to our kids that we don't do the scary, 'evil' thing, and they are NOT doing anything wrong by dressing up and getting candy (despite what some kids in Rachel's class told her!)

I used to go back and forth on the issue too, but we did it as kids and turned out ok, and for us it's all just for fun. And Landon said when he's a teenager, instead of going door to door to get candy, he's going to dress up and go around handing out candy to all the kids walking around! How cute! There can't be anything wrong with that!